the:road

"peek in at my journey: a small part of God's BIG plan."

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Intended for my Condition or Contending for my Intention?: AIM Convo

I have been thinking about this sexual brokeness stuff lately...and when this happens I seem to always have a greater/different perspective on things.

Lately it's been human design..

Like, if we're created to live like a 5, but we only get to a 3. For example..If in our psyches in regards to our sexuality we are nutured into wanting a man love us...possibly stuck at a level 2 or 3 in this area...basically I dont think we choose to live to our full potential. We allow ourselves to stay where we are, and seem to enjoy it. Sexually, I think we are created to experience a level 5 (ultimate) intimacy and love. But I think we get caught up somewhere down the line, and many people stay there. I feel stuck in my development sometimes...even when it all feels so natural.

1) stay here in this stage.
2) do whatever it takes to move forward into what Im designed for.

I think what we want is determined developmentally

My friend Drew agrees here as I write this, he says, "like appetite preferences for onions."

Yet, what if that developmental stage prepares us for less or unhealthy options...such as a guy to love us in a way in which a woman was?

I think men are designed to want women and experience the love and affection of them,.

I also think men are created to experience the love of a man...deeply.

But something, somewhere, has conditioned us to want more from a man than was intended.

Hence, the battle to find true intimacy with men.

We live more by our current condition than our original intention.

My friend Drew says, "see the difference between us is that i dont see anything wrong with acting on conditioning."

Really? Even if one is conditioned to be a murderer or child molester?

I guess one would have to agree on an intended design, in order to live in light of it.

Drew says, " I dont think conditioning from a romantic/relationship perspective is the same thing as conditioning regarding deviance."

I think it depends on who draws the line here. And could one venture to say that dead-end sexuality is deviating from true sexuality?

7 Comments:

  • At December 21, 2005 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey bro...

    Gotta say..the thoughts you presented are very interesting!! I think most could read that and get a better understanding of "stuff". ;o) As always...I appreciate you, and your willingness to put yourself & your thoughts out there for others to learn from! You are such a blessing. Much love bro!!

     
  • At December 23, 2005 5:55 PM, Blogger Josh said…

    Brett,
    I find your response filled with words :) You seem intelligent. You stated, "best of one's ability." That causes me to question a "works" mentality. I think salvation itself is part of an intention at a major level. I firmly believe we are intended for many many things as found in scripture. Yet, I am familiar with the "thorn in the flesh" approach as well. One of the major intentions, in which I believe the desire of God is non-negotiable, is to never have any one or thing above him. So, whether we are intended to "be" one way or another, in this specific area of sexual brokeness, I don't think we have the option to NOT change. The creator is premier. Not the creation. To change in this area of brokness is putting the creator before the creation which is, without question, intended.

     
  • At December 24, 2005 8:52 AM, Blogger Josh said…

    me too.

     
  • At December 25, 2005 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Josh- i believe you and what you say and live for. It is a belief that i think few will hold or want to hear, but everytime i hear you say it, everytime i hear someone besides me say it, it emboldens me to believe it. I want to take choice number two, and not remain stuck at level 3. Maybe somewhere ill figure out what it takes to move forward into the chaos of not knowing and taking risks that is needed to reach level 4. merry christmas from Bavaria
    -THor

     
  • At December 28, 2005 10:20 PM, Blogger D.Chap said…

    I just re-read this post tonight. The moving 'into the next stage' applies in many different places. Our lives all have places we COULD be going. Places we are intended to get to.

    The whole 'intention' struggle is written on our hearts. Intention happened when we were created, when God spoke man into existence. Intention, based on truth written in the Bible, is to know God and share.

    In order to turn away from the developmental and environmental desires, we must turn to our intended desires.

    At all times, I believe, we know what the next step is. Sometimes it takes some questioning and a little time. I do, most of the time, know what the next step forward is.

    Now, to actually take the step. Wow.

    DC

     
  • At January 02, 2006 12:08 PM, Blogger Josh said…

    I value your perspective, you always seem to have something to really add to things David. I love you.

     
  • At February 06, 2006 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Josh,
    I just read this entry for the first time. I LOVE YOU!!! You are absolutely inspirational! I have to get on here every now and then just to see what's in your heart. I know that this particular entry is really old, but for the first time I feel the need to comment! In reading your blogs, I've found that the level of truth rises consistently with each and every entry and with that truth,a deeper willingness on your part to lay down your will in order to fully lay hold of God's will for your life. Hold on to your transparent vulnerability and keep laying out the challenge! I can't read these without being personally challenged. That's a gift my friend. USE IT!!

    BLB

     

Post a Comment

<< Home