the:road

"peek in at my journey: a small part of God's BIG plan."

Thursday, September 01, 2005

You mean, even now?

A friend asked me this question after I explained to him my heart was in a funky, numb place....

12:51
"oh, so you have to feel perfect to do right...is that what it is?"

I told him I had a great night with a bro, yet still tempted to sin. I realize from this perspective that, no, the stage of previous hours does not have to be set in order to make a right choice.

I am to make right choices, anytime, anywhere, anyplace and any status of the heart. A leader in ALL areas of my life.

In Christ I've won the war, I want to win these battles too....

2 Comments:

  • At September 01, 2005 1:28 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I'm glad you won the war! You're living proof that God can change us, even in our darkest times.

    And, you can be my favorite, if you want.

     
  • At September 01, 2005 2:20 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Josh, i was reading (uh, listening to) your post from awhile back on Romans 7. You asked something like, how do I stop wanting to do what I don't want to do? I think you hit it on the head right here. No, you don't have to feel perfect to do right. I wish I remembered that more often. I love Romans 7--I get to see one of the most godly men who ever lived, in the moment, wrestling with his flesh...hating the ongoing battle between his flesh and his spirit, feeling "wretched," asking who will rescue him from this body of death, and yet coming to the grace-awakened conclusion that the question has an answer. Christ. Wow. You have won the war, bro. Or really, it has been won for you.

    But I can relate to the feeling of wanting nothing more than to change myself...change the fact that I still struggle...because I believe the lie that unless I fix that, I'm a failure. As though the goal of my life was to get my crap together. Jesus keeps telling me that my goal is to know him, and to rely on his grace instead of my own ability to keep the rules. Wow.

    I've been thinking about you, bro. Craig, too. We love you!

    "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lam. 3:22-23)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home