the:road

"peek in at my journey: a small part of God's BIG plan."

Saturday, December 24, 2005

AM Heart's Song

Mark 10:42-45 (Jesus to his mentorees)
42So Jesus called them together and said, "You know that in this world kings are tyrants, and officials lord it over the people beneath them. 43But among you it should be quite different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 44and whoever wants to be first must be the slave of all. 45For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many."

This was in my head all morning, didn't know the reference for sure. I think God's saying something as I am home with the family and seeking to "experience" the season as it should be. I think you've done too much in my heart and life to ever experience "normal" again. It freaks me out, but I feel more focused.

3 Comments:

  • At December 26, 2005 3:55 PM, Blogger D.Chap said…

    I know exactly what you mean. I find my flesh trying to 'feel' the season while home for Christmas; mostly when I feel bored or when I'm not thinking about Jesus. If I watch some Christmas movie, make Christmas cookies or even just talk with a family member with the desire and motive of "feeling" Christmas, then I am wasting time. All of the forementioned things are good to do around Christmas, they can bless people very much, if done with the motive of serving and loving others.

    *Heart check*

    DC

     
  • At December 26, 2005 9:46 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At December 26, 2005 9:51 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    Hey!
    I came across your blog and wanted to say hello. I found it through Dave, who is linked on Dilbone's, who is linked on mine... anywayz, I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time with your family.
    Erica Ropp (BG)
    P.S. I realized that I didn't tell you who I was in my last comment so I just deleted it. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home