the:road

"peek in at my journey: a small part of God's BIG plan."

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Love and Death

AMAZING. GOD-BREATHED. Those terms come to mind to describe my weekend in Ohio for Matt Lochtefeld’s wedding, another bro has gone before us. It started with a flight to Cleveland and dinner with the parents. Great time. Feel closer to them these days…absence makes me fonder. Then to great grandma’s funeral..99..see you at home. Then off to Nick Shultz’s bachelor party, great time of refresh and connect with some quality men. Then, off to my ole room at Ben’s place. Waking up to hanging at my friend Ame and Rob’s with the Rieskes and Houdashelts till 11:30am. Then off to Toledo to try on tuxes for the wedding. GREAT TIME. Off to Erich’s to chill before the rehearsal. Just to be in the presence of these men is unparalleled. 4PM rehearsal! Laughing and loving these people more. Then off to dinner. Back to Erich’s for laughing and more loving and deep connection. Saturday morning, wedding day! What a perfect high 70s, sunny day. The church, the reception, filled with tons of people. Convo with God, "alright God, I want to walk with you in this reception time, tons of people to jump into like a pool, instead of smearing myself all over, would you help me to connect with whom you'd like me to connect with." Prayer answered. What a time of deep connecting with a few quali-t people. Thanks God. a lot. Vrooooom, slept at Erichs, drove to Sandusky for Mother's Day 2005. Lunch with the fam and my lil nephew, 4 years old..Daylan Isaiah. I...(tears in eyes)...gave Daylan his first Starbucks experience.."Daylan, how about a strawberry frappucino?" "Sounds good to me!" the little anxiously excited 4 year old voice cried out. Spending time with Daylan has moved my heart in such a way of desiring to become a father. wild. emotional. flew back to Nashville. that night is posted under the topic, "Cracks."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home