the:road

"peek in at my journey: a small part of God's BIG plan."

Thursday, May 26, 2005

It's Go Time

My supervisor aked me, "what does "We are at War" mean to you? Here's what came to my heart and mind:

We are at war against the enemy and the flesh every minute of every day. It wages and we can’t afford to let our guard down. Taking up our guard by putting on the whole armor of God, without it (not taking God up on his offer) then we are weak. If I’m to extinguish the arrows of the enemy (Ephesians 6) how can I do that very well when I’ve dropped my shield of faith on the ground, left my belt of truth at my morning devotional time, or misplaced the truth of my helmet of salvation?


This truth and mentality bleeds into every nook and cranny of my life, in areas that it isn’t, it must. My life has got to be surrendered, it’s not mine, it’s simply not mine, it’s all God’s and he does what He pleases with me. I must be willing to submit every inch of my mind and soul to His will, anything less is for myself or others, which in the end is crap.


Here at Evangecube, this paradigm is held up to my work ethic, as I sit at my desk (which is a challenge), to see myself at war, right this second. The reality is that we are stewarding a greater vision, that of Evangecube and the even greater commission by God. We equip the saints with the tools to fight for Christ. In the office I must keep in check with: What am I thinking about, where am I pouring my energies, am I being a man of integrity? The ethic of work turns into an ethic of worshipping our King. A taste of which every area of my life needs to and is becoming.



Praise God for His GRACE and MERCY as I run and stumble towards my goal and prize, the choice to live for the savior of my soul. I find freedom in no longer living for Josh Coy.



Selah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home