the:road

"peek in at my journey: a small part of God's BIG plan."

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Hating Evil Hurts Bad

This has been a point of prayer for my personal life recently. "God, please help me to love what you love and hate what you hate." So, to get a phone call from a friend who's flirting with sin and even going on dates with sin, moves my heart to deep hurt. Ever pray for something and the outcome isn't what you expect? "I'll pray for this rightous thing of hating what God hates..*bird chirps* *Julie Andrews breaks out in song** and everything will be better and wonderful!" Riiight. Case in point, praying for more understanding can do just that, allow you to feel what God feels, hating what He hates. Sad. Hurting. Hopeful.

5 Comments:

  • At August 02, 2005 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi...nice blog =).

     
  • At August 02, 2005 2:36 PM, Blogger Josh said…

    what was random?

     
  • At August 02, 2005 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good stuff Josh...I hear your heart!

     
  • At August 02, 2005 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Josh!

    Learning to be like God's character is tough cuz we find so much of ourselves that's contrary to it! But once we submit we usually find ourselves saying, "I'm glad I listened to you, Lord!"

    Just want you to know you rock.

     
  • At August 02, 2005 8:14 PM, Blogger Josh said…

    Mike, thank you bro. I really enjoyed our short time together at Exodus, I look forward to getting to know you, a fellow fighter, more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home