the:road

"peek in at my journey: a small part of God's BIG plan."

Friday, September 09, 2005

The Search for Focus

Ever had those days or weeks when you wake up and you are madly scanning your heart and mind for some sort of hope, truth, or goal to cling to? It's weird. Lately, I have awoken to find myself feeling like I am falling backwards down a hole, not that physical fall off your bed feeling, but an emotional kind of thing. As I am falling, I am grabbing what I can to stop the fall. (i.e. truth, hope, joy) It's like my Spirit is longing for joy, but my flesh doesn't want to catch up. Now, I do believe in the power of God's word, so I do run to it and read it and pray through these feelings.

I've found myself in Psalm 51.

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.


11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.




1 Comments:

  • At September 09, 2005 5:01 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Would you believe that I read the exact same psalm today, and paused to reflect on those same 3 verses? That's crazy. I've had similar feelings lately, Josh. I love that part, "grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Amen.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home