the:road

"peek in at my journey: a small part of God's BIG plan."

Friday, July 28, 2006

Look Closely

I live merely on a GPS coordinate of God's whole big deal here, no matter where I stand, the call is the same. I suffer from wanderlust. Thinking and saying things like, "what if I was there...what the he77 is my purpose here?" See, those are my "ultimate goals." Those end things are my goal. God's goal for me is this moment and whether I will obey Him or not. I was processing this as I showered and made my way to work today, I sense freedom in this. So, im trying to become friends with the mindset/truth that my fantasy of my future isn't my concern...it's as I choose to obey Him NOW, that he takes care of my future. Great care actually. Check out what my buddy Ozzie Chambers inspired me with this AM:

What is my vision of God’s purpose for me? Whatever it may be, His purpose is for me to depend on Him and on His power now. If I can stay calm, faithful, and unconfused while in the middle of the turmoil of life, the goal of the purpose of God is being accomplished in me. God is not working toward a particular finish— His purpose is the process itself.

It is the process, not the outcome, that is glorifying to God.

God’s training is for now, not later. His purpose is for this very minute, not for sometime in the future. We have nothing to do with what will follow our obedience, and we are wrong to concern ourselves with it. What people call preparation, God sees as the goal itself.

3 Comments:

  • At July 28, 2006 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow brother! Those are amazing thoughts. Thank you for sharing what God is speaking to you....speaking to all of us!

     
  • At July 29, 2006 10:15 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    Josué, thanks for sharing, bro. Great insight. For me, that takes some of the pressure and anxiety out of trying to follow God...I love the reminder that I can live in the center of His will (which is the freakin most amazing, feels-good place to be) right NOW, in this situation, loving these people He's put around me at this moment. Thanks for the reminder.

     
  • At August 12, 2006 10:24 AM, Blogger Brendy said…

    I've been feeling a strong sense of anxiety... seemingly from nowhere! I've been home with my parents in California, and this trip was the most spiritually and emotionally significant of any I've ever taken. God, the FATHER, took this opportunity to show me how generous He is. He showed me, through my stepdad, the unconditional and deep love of a father... even one who is not a birth father. It was powerful! It was also on this trip, that I finally determined that I am called to Nashville. I don't know if that call is temporary or permanent, but I do know that in my heart, it needs to be permanent until God says otherwise (if, in fact, He does). It's a big step, and I feel I'm finally in a place where I can cultivate some long awaited roots. And once that was settled, so was my anxiety. In other words... yeah... I'm feelin' ya. :O)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home