the:road

"peek in at my journey: a small part of God's BIG plan."

Monday, June 13, 2005

The Black Hole of ‘ALL’

If there’s ever been a season of consistency in my life, it’s this one right now. Not only consistency in a growing relationship with God, but in the sense of the way God uses repetition in his word, circumstances and people. It helps to be in an environment of people who aren’t afraid to speak the Spirit’s prompting. One example of one of these themes is the concept of everything in and about me being God’s. Whether I wake and walk to work and think about submitting my life to God today or if I make a moment’s choice by His direction. IT’S ALL HIS. This phrase has been echoing through my life, actions, and convictions these past 4 months. As I walk into work today, we met together as guy’s to read and share life. Ozzy (Oswald Chambers) states in his June 13th writing, “Getting There”…
”The first thing we realize when we come to Jesus is that He pays no attention whatever to our natural affinities. We have the notion that we can consecrate our gifts to God. You cannot consecrate what is not yours; there is only one thing you can consecrate to God, and that is your right to yourself (Romans 12:1.)
This word and phrase ALL is sinking in deeper and deeper. I’m feeling it more and more. It’s as I realize more areas of my life that aren’t surrendered to Him, they all are sucked into this black hole of ALL. For example, my 5/3rd account, just recently became a realized part of ALL. It’s All His. This came to my head today…

”The surrendered life isn’t giving God all you’ve got, it’s realizing it’s already His.” -me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home