the:road

"peek in at my journey: a small part of God's BIG plan."

Monday, June 06, 2005

Tenacious Texting

I sat down at my desk this morning. As I was getting ready for work, I was like "ugh, I have a spinning head from new allergies er sumthin and my insides just don't feel like going to my place of work. Which, I attempt to believe the truth that's it's not a work ethic, but rather a worship ethic. that my work is an act of worship to my God. A place of worship not a place of work. I work to worship...hmmm. So, with all that blase' junk inside, which being out late all weekend hasn't helped. Oh, btw, my weekend:
Friday
-drove to Cinci for the Schultz wedding
-wedding
-late night with cinci starbucks employees in Over the Rhine (Cinci)

saturday
-brunch with friends in cinci
-lunch in the city with my new friend Tom (what a time.)
-drove to Nashville

Sunday
-church
-lunch with Matt (awesome)
-dinner and good 'ole Woodchuck with Catherine and Laurie at Dan McGuiness Irish pub! woohoo!

Goodtimes.

Anywho...I get into work today with the prayer of God meeting me where I'm at. And as soon as I sit down, I get a text message from a bro in Seattle (gets on knees to thank God for coffeehouses such as Peet's and Starbucks, Peet's (truly exsquisite.)) Here's what Tim texted me, "...and then, when everything has been done, to stand. Standing with you today, bro! Shoulder to shoulder, Tim." Go figure, God. Small things like that push me into the battle of the day. I also woke to the message version of Isaiah, quite cool to come across this,

Isaiah 50:4-6 (The Message)
4The Master, GOD, has given me

a well-taught tongue,

So I know how to encourage tired people.

He wakes me up in the morning,

Wakes me up, opens my ears

to listen as one ready to take orders.

5The Master, GOD, opened my ears,

and I didn't go back to sleep,

didn't pull the covers back over my head.

6I followed orders...


Well, I wanna say this for Josh Coy. I did pull the covers over my head. But I wanted to get my marching orders today. I MUST. This mist on earth is way too short. I love who I really am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home