the:road

"peek in at my journey: a small part of God's BIG plan."

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Spilled Life

Matthew 6:30-35 (NIV)
31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I like how Peterson puts it…
Matthew 6:30-35 (MSG)
31What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. 32People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. 33Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.


I want this. Bad. I feel like I am obeying for the first time in the same direction for the greatest extent of time. Out of this, I long for things above (Col. 3). I'm not looking at the fantasy sidelines. My periphreal is being gurarded and my walk is warred for.

I want to bleed, spill over, exude the longing to love and be with God. As I do this, it's very evident, that I will "hunger for what I feed on."

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home